Wednesday, September 14, 2005

EQII Patch: Combat Changes et al

So last night I logged into Everquest II to get the big super update. This is a whopper of an update; it includes all updates to handle the new Desert of Flames expansion for the game, it includes the newest combat changes, and I am sure I'm forgetting a ton of other parts of the game that were changed, updated, etc. but it was a whopper update.

Anyways, all looks well really - although I did not have time to play my Wizard, Mylene, last night. I did log in as Auratus, my Froglok Assassin-to-be. First thing I had to do was respec the guy, which was rather easy for a level 14 character. I noticed that mobs were conning differently, for intance - the orc pawns grouped with a shaman were triple-downs while the shaman himself was double-down. They used to be all single-downs if I am not mistaken. Anyways, despite the con change they don't seem to be any easier... so I'll have to re-learn what I can handle.

It'll be interesting to see how Mylene and Karnatos handle after my respec and skills and taken into account... people that played the Beta are saying that you need to relearn how to play your character. Ought to be interesting, and hopefully a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home