Monday, December 05, 2005

CoV: Rotten Rodney Gets Super Leap

I'm still playing City of Villains, and I must say that I am still having a real blast. My main character I am currently playing is Rotten Rodney, he's a brute... and now he can leap over tall buildings!

For anyone that does not play City of Villains/Heroes, at level 14 you have your first chance to pick your travel power; I picked Super Leap. Having chosen this, he can jump some serious distance with ease. He can jump but high and far - so getting around is muuuuch easier and quicker now. Also, getting out of trouble in a hurry is a lot easier now too... but I suspect my oponents will be doing the same soon enough!

I was speaking to my brother about CoV this evening too... and as I was speaking to him I realised something about this game that I'd not realised before. Although I am playing a villain, and I do bank heists, kidnap people, and other bad deeds of similar sorts... somehow I still do not feel like the badass I wanna be. I don't feel down-right Evil (with a capital 'E'). I feel powerful, but not a real evil-doer. Sometimes it feels like Rodney is a bad tempered do-gooder, but I am not exactly sure why I feel that way. Sure, the zones look all dilapidated, people I speak to are seedy... but I don't feel like I'm a villain like Doc. Octopus, Mysterio, and The Joker. I can't quite put my finger on it yet... I dunno exactly what it is.

I think if CoV took place in the same city as CoH, and you actually came across heroes now and then and had to fend yourself (even if they were randomly generated PC heroes rather than other players) I think you'd feel more of a villain. I dunno. If I ever manage to pinpoint what it is exactly that's lacking, I'll post about it.
Having said that though - this game is a lot of fun. Here's some quick screenshots to check out of some characters I've been playing in both Heroes and Villains:
Heroes


Villains

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been doing many missions? Once you get into the teens, some of them start getting into a villainous and at times somewhat disturbing attitude. Mr. Bocor wants you to abduct a woman who is trying to get away from him. One contact in the late teens has you get Paragon City residents for Dr. Vahzilok's experiments, and another is devoted to corrupting emerging heroes. The first Strike Force sends you to take over the city's power source as a means of massive extortion and power-brokering. In the early 30s, Viv is great at the whimsical destruction.

2:04 AM  
Blogger heartlessgamer said...

Rotten Rodney definately looks rotten :P

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home